Thread: rental vans?

rental vans?

Iím heading to a track day at Motegi in June and need to get my bike there from Tokyo... My choices are ride it there (but would then need to send luggage/tools on ahead via takyubin) - or rent a van (Hi-ace etc) that has tie down cleats and a wheel chock. Does anyone know if the latter is even possible? Not sure if TimesCar etc do such vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rental vans?

The chance that you will find a van for rent w/wheel chock and tie downs is not in your favor. Finding a hiace cargo style van will be the easy part .

rental vans?

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    The chance that you will find a van for rent w/wheel chock and tie downs is not in your favor. Finding a hiace cargo style van will be the easy part .
    ha! ok, looks like iím riding up then!

rental vans?

There's no reason you couldn't rent a cargo van. Go to the home center and get a sheet or 2 of plywood and some eye hole brackets and tie it down. Then you have no damage to the rental vehicle you have something to help hold your bike secure plus you're going to put your tools and stuff in there anyways. That's what I do in my van that's what I did I cut would not put it down put my clamps down that way and that way I didn't damage the floor at all.

Just some food for thought for you

rental vans?

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    There's no reason you couldn't rent a cargo van. Go to the home center and get a sheet or 2 of plywood and some eye hole brackets and tie it down. Then you have no damage to the rental vehicle you have something to help hold your bike secure plus you're going to put your tools and stuff in there anyways. That's what I do in my van that's what I did I cut would not put it down put my clamps down that way and that way I didn't damage the floor at all.

Just some food for thought for you
    Thatís a great idea! Thereís a Nippon Rental down the road so this might work out well...

rental vans?

Well there you go👍
    1 added suggestion get some cheap blankets like from Astro products to throw under the plywood.

rental vans will have tie downs inside buy you will need to get the staps and the wheel chocks are cheap on Amazon..

Triumph or RG..?

rental vans?

belated reply.

I ran out of time with getting a van so ended up riding up this time and took the Triumph. Next time Iíll trailer/van the RGV!
    The race school was pretty cool - got my permit/license to run up there in future. Only problem was it was raining hard all day which made for some interesting times on the Bridgestone S21 tires!! Oops. The downhill braking zone at the end of the back straight was kind of intimidating - could have used ABS on the rear a few times