Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exporting bikes

Exporting bikes

When it comes to exporting cars or bikes Classic & Sports is a one stop shop with over 20 years in the trade...

If you know your race bikes then you will know this bike..

Packed and ready for its trip to a new home in the UK..

Note: We don't crate bikes for transport inside Japan Okinawa or Hokaido its cheaper and safe to use BAS Transport
    http://www.bas-bike.jp/

IMG_0885 (640x536).jpgIMG_0889 (640x510).jpgIMG_0895 (427x640).jpgIMG_0898 (427x640).jpgIMG_0905 (640x427).jpg
    Last edited by fastbike; 04-01-2014 at 05:14 AM.

What's the cost per bike to ship to Canada?

Exporting bikes

Quote Originally Posted by kevbodian View Post
    Of course your assuming the bike is exportable, as not all Japanese bikes are, sucks doesn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by racer162 View Post
    Of course your assuming the bike is exportable, as not all Japanese bikes are, sucks doesn't it...

Not sure if that's a troll response or not. Shall I feed it?

To be exportable, is this by model or do they have to meet some safety or other requirement? I ride an NC29 in Canada. For importing into Canada, they just have to be 15 years or older.
    Last edited by kevbodian; 04-08-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Exporting bikes

Not sure if that's a troll response or not. Shall I feed it?

To be exportable, is this by model or do they have to meet some safety or other requirement? I ride an NC29 in Canada. For importing into Canada, they just have to be 15 years or older.
    First your a new member you really should post an introduction first.
    Second not all Japanese bikes are exportable and some are.
    It would also help if you told us who you are, what you ride and exactly what your wanting to export.
    Your 15 year comment is also not totally accurate as it will depend on the bike

^^ This is why I brought up the troll issue. If you have nothing to offer, keep your mouth shut. I attempted to be civil, but you follow up with:

First your a new member you really should post an introduction first.
    Second not all Japanese bikes are exportable and some are.
    It would also help if you told us who you are, what you ride and exactly what your wanting to export.
    Your 15 year comment is also not totally accurate as it will depend on the bike

Clearly you equate post-count to wisdom.

First, this is about the bikes. Not about me. I joined as a former member at GR who was just looking to ask Fastbike a question then I found this thread. Shall I copy and paste this into another thread somewhere else just for you?

Second, I get what you're trying to say. However, instead of being vague and useless, try offering something useful like an explanation. If you're just talking out your arse, then stop and go post elsewhere. You still haven't answered my question as to what makes the bike exportable or not. This thread is about exporting bikes, so instead of your useless response, offer something.

Lastly, my first question in the thread was what is an approximate cost per bike to ship to Canada? There's tons of other exporters charging $1200-1800. I just wanted a ballpark. It was a simple question, was it not? Think about it, some bikes are exportable, and these bikes will have an approximate cost; then there's the ones you're on about which don't have a cost because they can't be exported.

Want to know what I'd like to bring over: NC29, NC30, NC35, MC21 <-- all these I've seen here in Canada and plenty of others. And what I said about 15 years, is entirely accurate in regards to importing into Canada. Exporting from Japan is still this big mystery about which the only person who's mentioned anything about it is you but you're still unwilling or unable to elaborate.
    Last edited by kevbodian; 04-08-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: clarification

Exporting bikes

First of all I suggested that you make an introduction as you were a new person on the site so telling me to shut my mouth is a pretty rude comment for somebody who's new on this site. Second of all I gave information that I know to be a fact about Japan not allowing all bikes to be exported if you don't like the answer that's fine but your tone was totally unacceptable.
    Last edited by racer162; 04-08-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Exporting bikes

Gets popcorn. Sits down.

Sorry for the late reply the cost of shipping a bike and the crate is around 150,000--200,000 yen..

EvilTwin
    Racer162 and Kevbodian: Both of you - can it. The back and forth is not necessary.

Racer: Kev is correct, any motorcycle over 15 years old can be exported to Canada without restriction, though I suppose an exception would be made if one was designated a national treasure by the Japanese government. Otherwise, as long as it ain't stolen, it's fair game.